As I write this post, I am procrastinating packing my suitcase for my quick little vacay that I leave for… wait for it… Friday. I haven’t even looked at ( or for) suitcase yet…. sigh I do this every time (lol)
Yikes! I have decided since this is a quick trip, I’m not checking a bag. I’m strictly bringing a carry on! I’m doing my very best to pack lightly, and that includes my beauty/makeup products.
If you’ve ever travelled with me, you know I usually pack my ENTIRE makeup collection because I just don’t know what look I want to go for. Well, this time, I’m putting my foot down on myself (lol) and packing the minimal essentials to get my face together for a simple day brunch or a night on the town.
Here are the tips I have for packing lightly on in the makeup department
- Pack Palettes if you can: If you have a palette that has a combination of products combined. For example a blush and highlight palette or an eyeshadow palette instead of a bunch of single shadows.
- Bring a medium/full coverage foundation that can possibly also double as a concealer.
- Bring one universal lip liner and limit the number of lip products you bring ( this is visually impossible for me!) Bring one red/ bold lip colour, a nude lip colour and a sheer gloss.
- Bring travel sized items like, cleansing balm ( as opposed to liquid makeup remover) setting powder, setting spray etc..
- Bring multi purpose brushes instead of 25,000 different brushes. Take stock of our actual daily makeup routine and bring the brushes you need.
- Have an idea of the makeup look you are going for ahead of time so that you don’t over pack items you most definitely won’t use.
This is what I will be bringing with me on my trip:
For my eyes:
Tartelette in Bloom Palette
Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in “Onyx”
Better Than Sex Mascara
On my face:
Clinique 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer in the shade “Clove”
L.A. Girl Concealer
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Kylie Cosmetics Kylighter in Chocolate Cherry
On my lips:
Red: Beso by Stila
Bold: Bauhau5 by Kat Von D
Nude/Gloss: Spite by MAC Cosmetics
MAC Chestnut lip liner
Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer
That’s 12 makeup products that I can do countless looks with! 12 may seem like a lot but its really not!
Let’s hope I can actually stick to this! Wish me luck folks! Until next time…