Sorry about missing yesterday’s post but it was just one of those days where a girl needed to hop in a hot bath, grab a beverage and soak my poor aching bones! However, I had a craving for something sweet, and since I’m on this healthy eating journey there is no”junk food” in my house.
So to satisfy my craving, I decided to make a cornbread. Not exactly the healthiest way to curb my craving but hey…. 🙂 ! Now, people prepare and serve cornbread in various ways. Today, I will share with you a recipe I have been making for years passed down to me from my mother! So delicious!
What you will need:
- sugar( white)
- baking powder
- a big bowl
- a mixer ( a simple hand mixer will do)
- a spatula
- a sifter/stainer
Here is the recipe:
3/4 cups of cornmeal
1 cup of flour
1/3 cup of sugar
3 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of milk
3 Tbsp of butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Using Pam or melted butter, grease a baking pan. For this recipe, I used one 8- inch pan.
- While your oven is preheating, go ahead and melt 3 Tbsp( tablespoon) of butter in the microwave and set it aside.
- You are going to want to sift your dry ingredients into your bowl first. Sifting it will help the cornbread be as smooth as possible.
- After, add your wet ingredients!
- Using your mixer, mix everything together until you have a very smooth consistency. If you don’t have a mixer, a big spoon or a whisk will do, it will just take some extra arm power!
- Pour your batter into your greased pan and place it into the oven
- Bake for 30-40 mins or until golden brown and cooked all the way through. The easiest way to check is to use a knife and poke it straight down the middle and if it comes out clean your bread is ready!
That’s it folks! Really simple to make and even better to eat! Try it and let me know how it turns out! I’m about to enjoy a slice with a cup of Earl Grey Tea!
Have a great Tuesday!!
One thought on “Food Files: Delicious Corn Bread Recipe…”
YAS! My love and need for cornbread can always be fulfilled here in Canada lol