I’ve been grappling with what I want to read this month as it appears that there is barely any free time at my grasp this month! Your girl is booked and busy! Work and weddings, bridal showers and other celebrations leaves little to no time for leisurely afternoons curled up with a good book, which is why I’ve chosen only 2 books and a couple months of Essence and Ebony magazines to focus on. Here’s what I chose…
- An American Marriage: By Tayari Jones
Newlyweds Celestial and Roy are the embodiment of both the American Dream and the New South. He is a young executive, and she is an artist on the brink of an exciting career. But as they settle into the routine of their life together, they are ripped apart by circumstances neither could have imagined. Roy is arrested and sentenced to twelve years for a crime Celestial knows he didn’t commit. Though fiercely independent, Celestial finds herself bereft and unmoored, taking comfort in Andre, her childhood friend, and best man at their wedding. As Roy’s time in prison passes, she is unable to hold on to the love that has been her center. After five years, Roy’s conviction is suddenly overturned, and he returns to Atlanta ready to resume their life together
- Life Is _____.: God’s Illogical Love Will Change Your Existence – By: Judah Smith
Life is ____. How would you finish that sentence?
Judah Smith believes Jesus shows us how to live life to the fullest. In this follow-up to his New York Times and USA Today bestseller Jesus Is ____, Judah completes the new sentence again and again, revealing how· Life is to be loved and to love.
- · Life is to trust God in every moment.
- · Life is to be at peace with God and yourself.
- · Life is to enjoy God.
- Judah writes as a friend, welcoming new believers, lifelong followers of Jesus, and even the merely curious. He shows us the love of God that defies human logic and the life that God intends for us to have in the here and now. With excitement and humor, Judah looks at the stories in the Bible from his unique angle and shows how life is all about loving God and loving others
That’s all I’m reading this month y’all! What are you reading this month? I need some suggestions for June!