As you’re reading this, I am soaking up some much needed sun on the beautiful island of Jamaica! As I was packing last week for my trip, I realized that there are a few things that I pack for every trip I take. I’ve also realized that my travel essentials are filled with classic neutral pieces that can be mixed and matched for many different outfit options. I’ll share them with you down below!
1. Blue Jeans: It’s always a good idea to bring a good old fashioned pair of blue jeans with you on vacation! If the temperature dips to the cooler side in the evenings, blue jeans are so good to have around. You can dress them down for running round in the day or even dress the up with heels and a blazer for the evening!
2. Black tights: Now I know that there’s debate that black tights are not pants- granted they’re not …but honestly…who cares!! Black tights are great to travel in! Who doesn’t love a soft stretchy pant! Black tights are multi-purpose . You can wear them to the gym or even out and about with a cute tunic style top for a trip to the local market or on an excursion.
3. The little black dress: I always love to bring a black dress on vacation for numerous reasons. If you’ve ever been on a cruise, dinner is a dress up affair. A classic little black dress is a perfect dinner option. Black is slimming! So eat to your hearts desire and slip into a little black number with no regrets! Black pairs with everything. A little black dress will compliment your make up and jewelry choices easily.
4. A jean Jacket or a black blazer: Great options for the cooler evenings. Good options to also wear on the plane. I came from a snowy Canadian winter to sunny Jamaica and I didn’t want to bring a heavy winter jacket. Jean jacket and a blanket scarf got me to airport warmly. I always love a plain black blazer to throw on over any outfit during a night out!
5. Comfortable shoes : I can’t stress this one enough. I’ve been on many a trip where I didn’t heed my own advice and my back and feet have surely let me know they weren’t happy about it! Bring running shoes if you can. Great support and perfect for excursions or days where you will be doing lots of walking around.
6. Denim and.or black shorts: Great for beach bound trips! Easy to slip on over a bathing suit for a quick run to the dining room for lunch or even pair them with a cute top for a nice daytime outfit. Also, because they’re such basic pieces you can wear them a number of times during the course of your trip and no one would be the wiser 🙂
Have a great week and remember…