I’m pretty eclectic in my music choices. I like pretty much much everything from Aerosmith to Zhane…. but one genre I could never really delve into was country ( well that and “screamo”) But, I recently began watching a show on Netflix on a whim called “Nashville” and 3 full seasons later I am hooked ( and am currently in the middle of the 4th season.. lol Netflix binge watching at its finest!) Nashville is fictional a showed based around the lives of country music stars! Alongside the great plot lines, there is some really great country music used as the soundtrack!
I decided to look through my Itunes library and I realized I actually have quite a large collection of country music on my Ipod ( lol) who knew??!
So I decided to share my favorite country songs! ( in no particular order)
- Tennessee Whiskey- Chris Stapleton: I heard this man sing a song with Justin Timberlake and was so captivated by his voice so I had check him out and fell in love with this rendition of the song. His album is also actually really good! He is super talented.
2. Landslide- Stevie Nicks: I also really enjoy the Dixie Chicks version! Sigh… who am I??
3. Leann Rimes: How do Live: I remember having this on a cd I used for the little guys in my preschool classroom to go to sleep to. It’s also a karaoke favorite now too! ( lol)
4. Rascal Flats- Bless the Broken Road: Another hit on the preschool playlist! My kids last year actually by the end of the year knew this song word for word! I blame my teaching partner,( shout out to you Jess lol) she had a mild obsession with this song and would play it on repeat! I think we may have slightly brainwashed the kids with Rascal Flatts! Ooops!
5. Foolish Games-Jewel: Is Jewel technically considered country? Well if she is, I like one song by her! ( lol)
6. From This Moment- Shania Twain: Simply because it’s a beautiful song, and she’s Canadian!!! I have to give an honorable mention to “You’re Still The One” ( another great song)
7. Crazy – Patsy Cline: Truly a country great! She’s been covered by just about everyone! I also really enjoy ” I Fall To Pieces”.
Last but certainly not least , what I consider to be my favorite country song of all time is sung by none other that the legend that was Elvis Presley. Now as a black woman, I have taken a lot of flack for liking Elvis because of his “alleged” racist remarks about black people. However, there are so many different opinions out there and to me whether or not those remarks are true, I still really enjoy the song! ( sorry not sorry) “Can’t Help Falling In Love With You” is my favorite country song! I can listen to this song over and over! Also, because I’m Jamaican,I can’t help but really love the UB40 version!! ( I’ll put both down below)
So that is it guys! Do you guys like country music? If so, What are some artists I should check out? Old and new! I tell you, Nashville really opened my eyes to some great music!
Let me know!