It’s Thursday! Most of us who work Monday to Friday are chanting, “Just one more day, Just one more day!” I don’t know about you, but this has been a busy and stressful week for me ( and I’m still under the weather 😦 ) and me skin and body are really taking a brutal beating. When weeks like this happen, I like to take time out and pamper myself and try to reset my gears. Everyone has their own relaxation plan and this is mine! Enjoy!
- The first thing I like to is take a long hot shower. I do have sensitive skin so I do alternate between hot and lukewarm water. To cleanse my skin I alternate between the Dr Woods Black Soap Body Wash and the Neutrogena Body Clear Pink Grapefruit body wash (LOVE this stuff)
- While I’m in the shower I like to cleanse my face using the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash.
- Once out of the shower and before I jump into one of my cozy robes I moisturize using Organics Olive Oil Lotion, Now as a long time resident of dry skin ville (lol) I have never found a product that has restored my skin as well as this one!
- After I moisturize, I love to turn on my kettle and brew a cup of tea usually peppermint or my new favorite Lemon-Ginger.
- I then like to take time to pamper and exfoliate my face. First, using a make-up remover wipe or even a sensitive skin baby wipe i ensure that all my makeup is off. I then rinse my face with lukewarm water. I then like to go ahead and give myself a facial using my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE skin mask. It just so happens to be product created by my dear childhood friend Vanessa, the creator of Oubel a company that creates natural, vegan skin care products. These products are amazing and I’m not just saying that because she’s my friend! 😛 So, I usually gravitate towards the Ginger Mousse Mask by Oubel and then moisturize with the Lemon grass Body Butter or the Angel Butter.
- After my skin is right, I grab that cup of tea and something to read, either whatever devotional I’m studying from or whatever book I’m reading. I usually have the Songza App streaming something in the background ( this week I have been listening to the Shout Hallelujah playlist in addition to 00’s Slow Jams.)
- I then like to wind down by spending some time in prayer. Nothing like spending time with the one who gave you the time to spend! 🙂
- Next, I jump into my jammies,throw my headscarf on, grab my iPad and browse YouTube for a while
That sounds like a pretty relaxing evening to me! What do you like to do to unwind?