Today I’m grateful! God has granted me one more year of life and for that I have to give thanks! The last couple of years have been rough for me. If you’ve been following my blog for awhile you know all about my journey , health struggles and more. I have been so blessed to have a community of friends and family that have stood by me to lift me up when I was down and not myself. While that is so important, ( and I’m forever indebted) I’m going to use this new year of life to speak some encouragement over myself!
The Donald Lawrence song “Encourage Yourself” has been on loop in my brain all day and these are some of the lyrics that really stand out to me particularly today:
Sometimes you have to speak victory during the test
And no matter how you feel
Speak the word and you will be healed
Speak over yourself, encourage yourself in the Lord…
- You are loved.
- You are WORTHY of love.
- You are important.
- Your opinion matters.
- God is hearing you, even if you think He’s not.
- You deserve to be happy.
- You are kind.
- You are grateful.
- You are stronger than you think!
- You are confident.
- You are bold in Christ Jesus.
- There is no need to doubt your abilities.
- You matter!
- You are right where you’re supposed to be even if you don’t understand why.
- You are beautiful.
- You are valuable.
- You have come a LONG way from where you used to be.
- Be proud of your accomplishments.
- Stay humble.
- God loves you despite your flaws.
- You are not alone.
- Trust God completely!
- Choose Joy
- You are talented!
- Be patient, but don’t stop working hard towards your goals.
- You may fail, but you are not a failure! Keep trying.
- Everyday you get is a blessing. Treat it as such!
- Speak peace over your situations.
- Pray even more and even harder than you already have.
- Don’t dwell on the past! Let it GO!
- Choose faith over fear!
- Your latter will be greater.
and finally… number 33 and probably the most important.
33. They will know you by your fruits!
My friend sent me a text today that really reminded me off my life’s purpose ( and even the purpose of this very blog)
If even one person is impacted by my journey, If the life I live or the words I write bring somebody somewhere close to Jesus, then my life up until this very moment has not been in vain! 33 may have started out dauntingly, but the God I know and trust is able to and is already working it out FOR MY GOOD! I am Encouraged!
So cheers to 33. In faith I boldly declare ,”Let this be the best year yet!” ( FOR REAL THIS TIME!!) lol
Til next time…