I’ve got a a bit of the Monday blues…. but I refuse to let the Monday blahs rob me from the fact that I’m alive and I’m blessed!
I wanted to do a little bit of a different post today because honestly with so much going on around me, I’m completely worn out and just need a night to de-stress! With this being my only night “free” until about November, I really wasn’t in the mood to write any deep pieces. I want to throw my hair up in a bun, grab a cup of tea and…. RELAX!
Now, I know a lot of you can relate to feeling completely stressed. Whether you are a student getting ready for ( or just finishing ) mid term exams, a hard working mom, or even a young professional after a stressful day, everybody reaches that breaking point where you have just had enough! I know I certainly do and here are a few ways I beat the stress!
- Laugh!: I always find when I have a case of the blahs the best way to do that is to laugh it out. I love to get together with a group of close friends and just reminisce on old times and jokes! Or with your significant other <3. Or throw on an old movie or tv show that has always made you chuckle! Ace Ventura Pet Detective ALWAYS has me rolling. Laughter is truly the best medicine!
- Go for a walk: If the weather permits, take yourself outside for a walk! There is nothing like spending some time in the fresh air allowing your body to unwind naturally!
- Read something: In this era of ipads and Macbooks and non stop screen attention, take a moment and physically read something! Getting lost in a story, helps take your mind off of what may be going on around you for a little while and that will definitely help you de-stress!
- Drink a cup of tea!: I don’t know about you but a freshly made pot of herbal tea puts me in a good mood any time! I love all kinds of tea but currently I have been in a love affair with Tetley Decaffeinated Earl Grey tea ! Other favourites include Lemon Ginger and of course Peppermint. Also, Drink Water: Water is essential to life! When your body is dehydrated, it tends to spill over into other areas of your life and affect your mood. When your body is off, your mind is off! Stay hydrated!
- Pamper yourself: The best way to feel better is to actually feel better! Take time to take a bubble bath! It’s so soothing for you aching body to sit nice hot water and spend some alone time! Give yourself a face mask! Yes even you fellas out there can do a face mask to exfoliate your skin! I swear by my Oubel Ginger Mousse Mask, a product created by my friend Vanessa! I also really love the Origins Charcoal Mask! Get your nails done ( or if you’re skilled like that do them yourself!) Do whatever it is that makes you feel relaxed!
- Unplug: This is the hardest one! We, as a society have become so addicted to our devices. Turn off your phone, Power down your devices and spend some time in reality!
- Sleep: A surefire way to beat some stress is allow your body and brain to shut off completely and get some sleep! A lot of stress is related to not a lot of sleep or an awkward sleeping pattern. Try to get to sleep at the same time and wake up at the same time everyday. It will help to get your body into a routine, thus allowing you to have brighter days! I know this is probably not plausible in everyday life but try as much as you can to get into some kind of a routine!
- Music: Music is essential to my life. Music has the ability to turn a really gloomy day into a brighter one! Find your happy music! Make yourself a playlist and turn up ! Dance like no ones watching! Play air guitar so rad it would make Jimmy Hendrix proud ( am I showing my age with my references here? Lord… 80’s baby…lol )
- Write in a journal: It is a truly a good habit to get in to. Take a few moments each day to jot down a few things that you are grateful for! When you are feeling not like yourself, pull that journal out and see that your blessings outweigh your problems!
- Finally at last, Prayer: I find whenever I am stressed , I need to spend some time in prayer . Talking to God always puts my mind,body and soul at ease. The scripture Philippians 4:6-7 that reads, 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus, rings so true to me. Finding peace in Jesus , really helps take the stress away!
I hope on this Monday you take some time to de-stress ! Have a blessed week!
This song always leaves me in a good mood 🙂