I’m back with another beauty blog. This one is all about what I have been doing as of late to combat this new onset of oily skin I have been battling. I have always had combination skin ( some parts dry and some parts oily) but in the last year or so my skin has fared more on the oily side especially in my t-zone area (“The T-zone is the part of your face consisting of the forehead, nose and the area around your mouth, including the chin. It is so named because it’s shaped like the letter ‘T’.” Oil tends to build up in the t-zone, so it’s particularly important to exfoliate.http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=T-zone)
Now if you know me, I am a product junkie! If I see it, I will probably try it! But over time I have learned ( especially with my skin care routine) If the method ain’t broke, don’t fix it! So I decided to go back to my old routine, old products and see how that would help my skin!
So let me walk you through my routine!
- Drink lots of water! Up until a few years ago I never ever drank water. Maybe a glass here or there a couple of times a week. ( I know , I know…. horrible) But now, I’ve seen the light! I drink about 2 litres of water a day! I have replaced my daily pop ( and those who know me well, know I have/had (lol) a serious addiction to Dr. Pepper.) with a glass of water! Sometimes I’ll add a lemon or I’ll make a detox water with lemons, cucumbers and a mint leaf or two. So refreshing! Anyway, water intake is super important for healthy skin( our skin is our largest organ and needs to stay hydrated)
- Remove Excess Makeup: I have tried every single make-up removal wipe possible, but honestly the best wipes that take off my make-up, are good old-fashioned baby wipes! I use the sensitive/eco-friendly ones from the Baby Life Brand! They retail for about 4 dollars Canadian Dollars or sometimes you can get a value pack for about 8 bucks!
- Exfoliate: I stick to my old faithful ( holy grail if you will) product: the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil Free Acne Wash Foaming Scrub. I love this product with everything in me! If they ever discontinue this product, I don’t know what I’ll do! 😛 I use this product with my Proactiv Deep Cleansing Brush. Using an exfoliating skin product alongside a cleansing brush really helps give your skin the deep clean it needs.
- Cleanse: I’ve recently returned to one of the first skin care products I ever used consistently in my skin care routine. Its the Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser. I love this product. It leaves my face feeling clean and dry ( but not overly drying)
- Moisturize: Although my skin has oily patches, It’s still very important to get skin moisturized. I haven’t found my go to product yet so I have been trying out a few. Firstly, I have been using the Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer with SPF 30. It is light-weight and not much product is needed to cover your entire face. It does have a strong sunscreen smell to it however that I am not to fond of. It is a bit pricey at about 20 Canadian dollars.Next, I have been trying the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream from The Body Shop. It does a pretty good job of controlling my oils. Again, a little goes a long way with this product. This retails for approximately 18 dollars Canadian. Lastly, I have been trying the 8 hr Mattifying Moisturizer from Sephora. I must admit, I really love this product. It is quite expensive at 27 Canadian Dollars for 1.69 oz of product. However, you don’t have to use a lot of product daily ( just about a dime size) so its serves you well. I find this one wears well especially under my foundation. So hopefully this method and/or products work for you! I have been doing this routine for about a month or so and I am loving the results. Let me know what you have been using! Any suggestions for me? Let me know!